Please confirm with the organisers BEFORE attending any of these events.
SHKC Club Nights are held at All Saints Church Hall, Denmead, PO7 6NN. Doors open approx 7.30 pm with a prompt 8.00 pm start unless otherwise stated. If you have any items you wish the committee to discuss, please contact any committee member BEFORE the date of the next meeting.
- Wednesday 8th November – Club Night 8pm – Mini talks. We have done these in previous years and the feedback has always been good so should be another good night. This time Craig Collins will be telling us about how his pond was built and Glenys Cambridge will be telling us how to properly bag and handle Koi.
- Wednesday 13th December – Club Night 8pm – AGM. This is an important meeting but it should not take too long. We can then attack the excellent buffet!!
- As in previous years there is no Club Night for January. There will still be a committee meeting for members of the committee.
- Wednesday 14th February – Club Night 8pm – Adam Byer is an English Koi breeder and has supported our club in the past by supplying Koi for our grow and show completions. On this evening Adam will be telling us about his 10 year Koi breeding project.
- Wednesday 14th February – Club Night 8pm – Mark Davis of Cuttlebrook Koi is back by popular demand. Mark is a talented and entertaining speaker. He has a range of different presentations it won’t be the same talk as last year!
- Wednesday 11th April – Club Night 8pm – Open Forum. These are always popular, members are free to raise and discuss any aspect of Koi keeping. An ideal opportunity for newcomers to the hobby to get some good advice and an ideal opportunity for experienced keepers to find out what they are doing wrong!
- Wednesday 9th May – Club Night 8pm – David Isted, owner of Healthy Koi, will be telling us about Drum Filtration. Drum filters are becoming very popular and we will find out just why that is.
- TBA – The Kohaku Challenge, the return. During 2017 many members selected a Kohaku (a red and white Koi). After about a year of growing them on they will be returned and judged to see which are thought to have developed the best. It will be a social event for the whole club, not just for those who are returning their Koi to be judged. We have run many similar events before and they are always popular.
- TBA – There will be no Club Night in June, instead there will be a club afternoon on a Sunday at a members pond.
- TBA – Our usual Koi and dry goods auction. As we hold these in a farmers barn, the actual date depends on when the farmer can release the barn following his harvest so we wont know the date until nearer the time.
- Wednesday 11th July – Club Night – Amateur Koi Breeding. This has been a passion of long standing member Richard Nice for many years. Richard will be entertaining us with a talk on this fascinating subject.
- TBA – Pond Open Day. Another popular event, several members open their ponds for all to see. We will end the day with a BBQ.
- TBA – There will be no Club Night in August, instead there will be a club afternoon on a Sunday at a members pond.
- Wednesday 12th September – Club Night 8pm – Photo Show. Yet to be planned but the theme is that we judge photos of some members Koi to see which we like best. Not to be taken too seriously, usually a fun evening.