Please confirm with the organisers BEFORE attending any of these events.
SHKC Club Nights are held at All Saints Church Hall, Denmead, PO7 6NN. Doors open approx 7.30 pm with a prompt 8.00 pm start unless otherwise stated. If you have any items you wish the committee to discuss, please contact any committee member BEFORE the date of the next meeting.
- Sunday 27th May – Pond Open Day. Another popular event, several members open their ponds for all to see. We will end the day with a BBQ at the fantastic grounds of long term members Sally & Mike Wilson.
- Sunday 3rd June – There will be no Club Night in June, instead there will be a club afternoon on this date at the garden of Ian & Karen Swan. The knowledgeable Pete Watson will entertain us with a pond side talk about Koi health.
- Sunday 10th June – Our usual Koi and dry goods auction. We hold these in a huge farmers barn just South of Petersfield. This means it is always dry for us and if, by some miracle it’s a hot sunny day, it’s a nice cool place for us and especially the Koi. All Koi for sale will be displayed in vats, not bags, so you can very clearly see them. If there are any unsold Koi they are either returned to their owners, or if they prefer, they are transported to a ‘retirement’ lake.
- Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th – The BKKS National Show.
- Wednesday 11th July – Club Night 8pm – Craig Emery of Akahana Koi will be our guest speaker. Craig is a professional in the Koi industry and has recently completed an 8,000 gallon pond build and will be speaking about his pond builds. Always a popular topic.
- Sunday 15th July– Visit to the West Wales Koi Club. They visited us in 2017 and this is our return visit to them. This promises to be a great day out!
- Sunday 12th August – There will be no Club Night in August, instead there will be a club afternoon on this date in the garden of Arnie & Mavis Piddington.
- Sunday 26th August – The Kohaku Challenge, the return. During 2017 many members selected a Kohaku (a red and white Koi). After about a year of growing them on they will be returned and judged to see which are thought to have developed the best. It will be a social event for the whole club, not just for those who are returning their Koi to be judged. We have run many similar events before and they are always popular. The event will be held once again at the lovely garden of Geoff & Mary Gallimore.
- Wednesday 12th September – Club Night 8pm – Photo Show. Yet to be planned but the theme is that we judge photos of some members Koi to see which we like best. Not to be taken too seriously, usually a fun evening.