Please confirm with the organisers BEFORE attending any of these events.
SHKC Club Nights are held at All Saints Church Hall, Denmead, PO7 6NN. Doors open approx 7.30 pm with a prompt 8.00 pm start unless otherwise stated. If you have any items you wish the committee to discuss, please contact any committee member BEFORE the date of the next meeting.
- Wednesday 11th April – Club Night 8pm – David Isted, owner of Healthy Koi, will be telling us about Drum Filtration. Drum filters are becoming very popular and we will find out just why that is.
- Wednesday 9th May – Club Night 8pm – Adam Byer is an English Koi breeder and has supported our club in the past by supplying Koi for our grow and show completions. At this meeting Adam will be talking about his 10 year Koi breeding project.
- Sunday 27th May – Pond Open Day. Another popular event, several members open their ponds for all to see. We will end the day with a BBQ at the fantastic grounds of long term members Sally & Mike Wilson.
- Sunday 3rd June – There will be no Club Night in June, instead there will be a club afternoon on this date at a members pond.
- TBA – Our usual Koi and dry goods auction. As we hold these in a farmers barn, the actual date depends on when the farmer can release the barn following his harvest so we won’t know the date until nearer the time.
- Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th – The BKKS National Show.
- Wednesday 11th July – Club Night 8pm – Open Forum. These are always popular, members are free to raise and discuss any aspect of Koi keeping. An ideal opportunity for newcomers to the hobby to get some good advice and an ideal opportunity for experienced keepers to find out what they are doing wrong!
- Sunday 15th July– Visit to the West Wales Koi Club.
- Sunday 12th August – There will be no Club Night in August, instead there will be a club afternoon on this date at a members pond.
- Sunday 26th August – The Kohaku Challenge, the return. During 2017 many members selected a Kohaku (a red and white Koi). After about a year of growing them on they will be returned and judged to see which are thought to have developed the best. It will be a social event for the whole club, not just for those who are returning their Koi to be judged. We have run many similar events before and they are always popular. The event will be held once again at the lovely garden of Geoff & Mary Gallimore.
- Wednesday 12th September – Club Night 8pm – Photo Show. Yet to be planned but the theme is that we judge photos of some members Koi to see which we like best. Not to be taken too seriously, usually a fun evening.