Please confirm with the organisers BEFORE attending any of these events.
SHKC Club Nights are held at All Saints Church Hall, Denmead, PO7 6NN. Doors open approx 7.30 pm with a prompt 8.00 pm start unless otherwise stated. If you have any items you wish the committee to discuss, please contact any committee member BEFORE the date of the next meeting.
- Sunday 12th August – There will be no Club Night in August, instead there will be a club afternoon on this date in the garden of Arnie & Mavis Piddington.
- Sunday 26th August – The Kohaku Challenge, the return. During 2017 many members selected a Kohaku (a red and white Koi). After about a year of growing them on they will be returned and judged to see which are thought to have developed the best. It will be a social event for the whole club, not just for those who are returning their Koi to be judged. We have run many similar events before and they are always popular. The event will be held once again at the lovely garden of Geoff & Mary Gallimore.
- Wednesday 12th September – Club Night 8pm – Open Forum. We have not had one of these for a while. Members can raise any Koi or pond related topic they wish, whatever the question someone has been there before and can share their experience!
- Wednesday 1oth October – Club Night 8pm – Craig Emery of Akahana Koi will be telling us about his recent pond builds. Always a popular subject.
- Wednesday 14th November – Club Night 8pm – Photo Show. Yet to be planned but the theme is that we judge photos of some members Koi to see which we like best. Not to be taken too seriously, usually a fun evening.
- Wednesday 12th December – AGM. This may be our last December AGM as there will be a proposal to change the AGM to May to match the membership year, depends on how the vote goes! After the AGM there will be the usual delicious buffet to attack.